Campus

The Academy is located on two sites:

Campus: (Institute for Training Dance Artists, Ferenc Nádasi Secondary school and József Forgách Dormitory, Management, Offices, Health Care Center with gym and physiotherapeutist, Library, Costume Store)

The Academy moved to its present location in Columbus Street in 2002. The complex, earlier the property of ELTE, was expanded and converted so that it could fully answer the objectives of education and administration.

Address: Columbus utca 87 - 89, H - 1145 Budapest (14th district)

Off-campus: (Institute for Training Choreographers and Dance Pedagogues)

Address: Kazinczy utca 42 - 46, H - 1075 Budapest (7th district)

 

Campus

The Main Building

Also called the “Old” building has the following offices: Rector’s Office,  Registrar's Department, Financial Department, Theoretical Department, Ferenc Nádasi Secondary School, dining hall and the Theatre, seating an audience of almost 200 and the costume store. This is where the school-competitions, exams and performances take place. The theoretical classes for the college students are partially held in this building.

 

MTE Főépület

 

The Institute for Training Dance Artists

It is also known as the “Professional” building. Dancer training is mainly pursued in the ballet studios of this newer building, which was added to the complex in 2002. The following Departments can be found here: Classical Ballet, Modern Dance, Folk Dance as well as Music- and Music Theory.

Szakmai épület

 

The "Villa" (Small House)

The Library/Reference Library, the Audio-Visual Studio resides in this building along with a well-equipped, modern fitness and rehabilitation room to cater to the students’ physical training. The Conference Room in the “Small House” is the venue of professional talks, various programmes, celebrations and also conferences. This room houses the photo-exhibition from the archive of the Academy as well.

Kisház

 

The Dormitory

The dormitory, which can accommodate 100 pupils of the Nádasi Ferenc Secondary School, was relocated to the vicinity of the buildings for academic education in the summer of 2004. 

kollégium épület