You may download the general information chart by clicking here.
You can download the sample curriculum from here.
Institute: Institute for Training Dance Artists
Qualification: Dance Artist
Level: first-cycle degree (Bsc/BA)
Type of training: English: dance-classes full-time, theory in reduced number of classes
Financing: fee-payer: full program 15 000 Euro (2500 Euro / semester)
Training period: 6 semesters
Credits to be obtained for the BA degree: 180 credits
Accredited specialization: modern dance
Special feature: based upon studies in childhood
Age at audition: min. 16, max. 19 years
The aim of the training:
Training dancers who
- are able to evolve their abilities through which they can actively contribute to dance art;
- are able to play an active role in international dance culture and they will be capable of representing the values of dance art and education on international forums in the possession of their artistic and intellectual background;
- are able to interpret old and new pieces of dance art by individual procession;
- will play an active role in art institutions or in independent forms of artistic activities using their technical skills and theoretical knowledge;
- based on their preparations they will possess competent and deep theoretical knowledge and practical skills to continue their studies in an MA training program.
Audition requirements: We are welcoming dancers to be with a basic knowledge of any of the modern and / or contemporary techniques or methods (such as Graham, Limón, Cunningham, Horton, any kind of jazz, improvisation and /or contact dance).
The audition contains a shortened classical ballet class; a short class of divers modern and contemporary elements; some improvisation tasks, and the presentation of a solo number (max. duration of 2 min.), which has been choreographed and rehearsed previously by any teacher, choreographer or the candidate her/himself. (Please bring your own music for it.)
Professional practice: Professional practice is acquired through the own performances of the Academy and in cooperation with professional theatres' and ensembles' productions. Important cornerstones of the professional preparation are our "small concerts", approx. 10-15 performances annually that help gain stage routine according to age.
Secondary school graduation: Matura, baccalaureat (exam allowing entrance to higher education) is to be passed before graduating in the BA program. (secondary/high-school education available only in Hungarian!)
Language: B1 English knowledge required: independent user (especially in speaking and understanding)
General overview: The training prepares students for professional dance artist career. This specialization was first launched at the Dance Artist Department of the Academy in 2007 (that time available only in Hungarian). The primary aim of the training is the acquisition of Graham-, Limón- and Contact Technique, Jazz Dance and European Modern Dances. One of the most important requirements for students to join the Modern Dance Department is good improvisational skills.
Students also study the following professional and theoretical subjects: Classical Ballet, Pilates, Repertoire, Dance in Home-Country, History of the Arts, Music History, Dance History, Kinesiology etc.
At the mid-term of year 3 students take qualifying examination, and at end-term they have a public concert exam. The last year also includes theoretical work for the students; they have to write a degree thesis and defend it during the course of an exam.